Saturday, November 17, 2012

Meds Are Here!!!

MEDS ARE HERE!! (screamed throughout my house in my Pauly D accent)


I woke up to the knock on the door...... FEDEX. YES!
 
 
There are all kinds of goodies !
Needles, syringes, gauze, alcohol wipes, a sharps container, birth control pills, needles, Valium, Methylprednisolone, Doryx, Progesterone, Delestrogen, Needles, more prenatal vitamins, Endometrin vaginal suppositories........ (no one mentioned these!)
have I said needles?
 
I started enlisting the future services of some nurse friends to give my shots at which point my husband got upset. I think he is looking forward to stabbing me o__0
And I think its his way of participating, which I find completely adorable.
 
 
I think there are so many people who never realize what our bodies are capable of..... all these meds are naturally acting in a normal pregnancy. Look how awesome science is!
The BC pills will stop me from ovulating, because that would be bad, and also to ensure Aunt Flo comes exactly when we need her.
The estrogen will get my uterine lining ready, and the progesterone will maintain the pregnancy until the placenta takes over. Endometrin supp. is another form of progesterone used to maintain the uterine lining and pregnancy.
Methylprednisolone is an anti-inflammatory. The Doryx is an anti-biotic. Valium..... I'm pretty sure that's to seduce me :D
 
This may sound pretty crazy, but I am so looking forward to starting meds. It will mean things have really started. I do not have a med schedule yet, but I'm sure it won't be long because.........
 
I received the initial draft of the CONTRACT!
I read the entire 38 pages last night and made my notes on revisions.
Monday I will call my lawyer to go over the whole contract and let her know of my concerns.
I think I am still 1-2 weeks away from finalizing, but hopefully they will be signed, sealed and delivered by the end of the month.
 
This Is So Exciting!!!
Keep those prayers coming!
"He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn't produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more."- John 15:2

3 comments:

  1. I am suddenly scared for you-- mother nature doesn't like to be messed with :( but I liked your comment about think of it as helping her :)
    That being said-- here's to drugs!!! (Now share the valium please) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is crazy that us Surrogates look forward to the meds part of the process. Not sure if the needles are quite looked forward too ;) I love reading about your journey as you move forward!
    Always a phone call away, Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting! As I have considered beings surrogate myself. And the vaginal supp. Get messy.....just saying. Had to do that with Isaac bc my body does not produce progesterone and it twas not pleasant. Lol. I will def be following you now that I know you are doing this! This is such an amazing gift to give to a couple that cannot conceive on their own. :) Ms. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete