Saturday, May 5, 2012

Basic breakdown

A basic overview of how I got to this point..... When people ask how I found the surrogacy company I really thought about that question and realized I didn't. Rather they found me. I had googled something about surrogacy and a bunch of companies popped up. All of their websites seemed cold or made me feel very much like a number. Some even showed the surrogate profiles to the public which turned me off. So then I checked Facebook to see if their were any companies that I could 'like' and start to follow and learn more. That's when I found them -modern family surrogacy. From the very first email I felt important to them. They took the time to talk with me and gave me the process details. Our first phone call was over an hour long. I didn't realize until after I hose to go with them that I hadn't really looked into any other companies so I got to googlin' - my favorite past time ha! I tend to over analyze and over research everything. After digging deeper into some other Surrogacy teams I very quickly learned how perfect modern family is for me. And even though they were the first company I looked at, they are the best! So a short overview of how his will play out goes as follows: turn in all paperwork which includes application , copy of ID, copy of pay check stubs, OB records and insurance booklet and photos of myself and family All was well until I found out my insurance does not cover infertility or surrogacy. I'll come back to that later. Now they can put together a profile of me and will work on matching me based on a multitude of things. Would I be willing to carry for a gay couple, single man, single woman, single gay person? How many embryos am I will to let be transferred? Am I willing to reduce in the case of multiples? Am I willing to terminate if medically needed? What kind of relationship do I want with the parents before during and after? Am I willing to undergo invasive procedures such as amniocentesis? Once they think they have a match, I will look at the parents profile and then get to talk or meet them depending on where they live. If both sides click and want to work together, we will be considered matched. I'm so excited for that part because I can feel it in my bones that God is about to bring some very awesome people I to our lives!! Once matched which can take 1-3 months, the medical exam, psychological exam and contracts portion will take another 1-3 months. Time out: back to the insurance part : once I am matched I will have to sign up for anthem insurance and get on the maternity rider and since Ohio is dumb, I'll have to wait 6 months before. Overage will start. However, I will not be under my OBs care until around 10 weeks prego so that buys us some time. I will have to fly out to San Diego LA area for he medical screen to make sure all is in working order. Once all of the contract stuff is done and reviewed, I will start injections. Not sure exactly which ones but I do know there are 3. One easy, one medium and one big ouchie. Thankfully needles don't scare me- it's the stabbing myself part I don't like. I've gotten myself at work a couple times and it's no fun. Shots will start from my period until around 10 weeks pregnant. Hopefully it takes the first try ! And yes I really wanna carry twins :) but thats up to the parents. Back up a smidge~ when it's time for the transfer I will fly back out to Cali and have the wittle beebee's nestled in. Bed rest for a day or 2 then come home. Blood work 10? Days after that to see if I'm knocked up. Lots of labs after that too. The delivery part is still in the air because it really is up to the parent based on Cali and Ohio laws. There is no doubt it is a long process and for those that think it's a 9 month thing with no problems, ha! I am in this for the long haul and know that God has me doing just as he planned. You see we have this AMAZING relationship. He just gets me. And I need Him. Sometimes he has to be pretty loud for me to hear lol. Have you ever been so sure of something that you're not even scared? That's where I am. Dang this is long and it's time for me to get these boys up outta bed. Pray for the perfect people to be sent my way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment