Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Its a gut feeling

Here I am lying in bed with my second little blessing Finley. It's quiet moments like this that I realize I live like a queen. Not only for the things and people in my life but also for the many opportunities that are right in front of me everyday. The following is a text message to my husband, best friend and rock - Eric. I thought it would be good to share as it might help some people understand better why I am so passionate not only for surrogacy but also for babies in general. I'm getting ready to start school again and I'm all fueled up for the day I become a midwife.

I'll always remember the moment when we were trying to get pregnant with maveric and hurting when it kept not happening. We were sitting on the floor and couch in our old living room in the dark and just talking when I realized its not up to us it's not something we can or can't do. I gave it to God that very minute and from then on have turned first to Him with everything else. What do ya know that was the month we got pregnant. I think all He was waiting for was for us to surrender. That's why I'm so confident in my surrogacy decision because I know that science can do all it wants but when it comes down to it, only God can give life. I really feel God is using me for this baby and He already know exactly which couple I will be matched with and already knows the exact baby he will bring to them. I can feel that God is in control over this and it's so powerful. It's almost tangible. Makes me get butterflies and like I can feel something huge is about to happen. Like adrenaline before a big game. Thanks for supporting me and letting me be me

No comments:

Post a Comment