Friday, May 4, 2012

When God speaks it can be overwhelming

I am starting a new and awesome journey of surrogacy. Although still in the very early stages I thought it would be nice to journal all my thoughts, fears, hopes, and happiness. Many friends of mine are very interested in this whole process so why not make it public?! Maybe it will encourage someone else to become a surrogate too :)I'm sure some of it will be too much information but I'm going to write as if it wasn't public so you'll just have to hang in there with me. Surrogacy is something I've always had in my heart to do and recently decided (after lots of talks with the hubs and prayers) theres no time like the present. I'm not gonna be using my uterus for a while so why shouldn't someone else? If along the way there are any questions, don't be shy! Side note - don't judge my grammar or spelling mmmk thanks. Right now im waiting for a match. I have no doubt that God will bring the perfect couple to me. In His time Waiting can be very hard for me as I am kind of impatient lol (those that know me know that the "kind of" part is a little off) but I know this is going to be a time when God teaches me a lot about myself and prunes me to his liking. There are plenty of things I'd like to work on myself and patience is definitely at the top of the list. I am working with an AMAZING surrogacy team over in California. I haven't even met these women in person but already feel so close with them. I'll call them my surrogate sisters. A lot of people might think I'm nuts for doing this now considering I just had a baby 5 months ago and also have a 2 1/2 year old, work full time and go to school. Did I mention I have to be a wife somewhere along the way. Let's just say there's always laundry to be done. I like the busyness. As for todays title, a good friend of mine said this to me at the perfect time and gave me an a-ha moment. It was exactly what i needed to hear at that time. Because of her I feel strapped with armor ready to face it all- and I know there will be lots! Well anyways I'm tired for tonight. Until next time... Hopefully it won't be too long from now

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I was matched seriously right after I submitted my application to Cora and Maria. Those girls are AMAZING!!! :) Enjoy the ride and always here if you need s shoulder since I am going through it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you Becky! This is an incredibly selfless act, and you will be giving a deserving couple an amazing gift!!!!! I look forward to following your progress in this whole thing, and knowing specifically how to pray for you. God bless you! love, Natalie Droz

    ReplyDelete