Thursday, May 31, 2012

Update but not really

Well it has been around a month since I started with the paperwork and had my profile made. I got an email just as I was starting to get worried. They are still looking for a match for me and said the distance thing is only slightly slowing things down but they are confident that I will make a great surrogate.
Whew!
I can't help but have this "pick me" attitude about it. Don't get me wrong I am very patient but excited for this to all begin but I know and expect it to take time. We're only 1 month into the 1-3 month wait and I know me living in Ohio will probably have it going longer than 3 months to match which is ok with me. I mean they ARE picking someone to carry their child! I am only a little sad feeling like I'm not getting picked for kickball or something. Is it me? Who Would want me to carry their child? This is what my brain does when left to think.

Staying positive, enjoying chatting with other surrogates, and loving on my boys is what I'm doing now. I have experienced some negativity but that's to be expected. They can kiss my ...... Uterus ;)
So thankful that I get to fulfill one of MY dreams. I can't wait for what's ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment