Friday, December 7, 2012

Sophia Selynn!

Wow! What an awesome thing birth is!
It never ceases to amaze me. I had the incredible honor and joy of helping a dear friend of mine through labor. She is such a rockstar! An awesome friend and mother and true sister to me.
I don't think she'll ever know how much I value her.
We all welcomed a beautiful baby girl into the world on December 5th!
They opted to not know the sex of the baby until birth and let me tell you it makes for an exciting birth. This was her second child and I was present for the first as well! 2 girls for my 2 boys to fight over- yikes :)
TMI alert:
Some may think this is cool, and some (most) will think I'm just weird, but literally as my friend finished pushing out her baby my aunt arrived ;) ;)
I know..... I told you TMI!
I just think its cool realizing one pregnancy was over quite literally as another was starting. God is incredible and so miraculous !
For those that have not seen a birth, I highly recommend it!

As far as the next steps in my surrogacy.....
I went yesterday for labs which yielded a 70 estrogen level and 1.5 progesterone.
As far as what the nurse said, and my googling, those numbers are normal.
I also gave myself my first shot last night!! 2 mg or 0.1 ml of delestrogen.
It was so easy!
I was definitely shaking, but oddly excited to stab myself
I feel so official!
I continue on this dose every 3 days and will go back it on the 12th for more labs to see if my dose will change.
I also will be getting an ultrasound on the 20th to check my uterine lining.
Less than 3 weeks until transfer!
So. Flipping. Excited.
My emotions lately are sky high with happiness. Sweet baby Sophia is here and I'm one step closer to helping create that wonderful feeling of family for 2 out of this world dads!
Thank You Jesus!!!
I know this isn't for everyone, and most people will never understand, but I do, and I have outstanding support!

So thankful for those special people God strategically places in my path. Jill, you are just what I needed that night- thank you!
So for now I will leave you with a sweet picture of the little Miss Sophia Selynn
This sweet face is the reason I want to help






No comments:

Post a Comment