Monday, December 31, 2012


My apologies for taking this long to update, but as you can imagine it's been a busy holiday.
We were expecting a huge snow storm to kick in the exact time I needed to leave for the airport..... figures.
My rock star sister got us there safe and sound and I couldn't believe our flight was still on time!

Our luck started in true Detroit fashion as I go to pay for my checked bag at which point the sassy airport lady actually said
"ma'am your bag is free cause I ain't got time for that."
We knew from that moment on it was going to be a fantastic trip!
I was also nervous about flying with my meds and needles in my carry-on, but it was no big deal at all. They never even questioned me.
So then we were off to LA!

5 hour flight, but we made it work. One of my best friends went with me and so we did nothing but laugh the entire time!
And since I'm so good at figuring out this time change thing..... NOT
I quickly realize that I'm going to have to give myself my shot en route.
Let me just say, to give yourself a shot in the hip on an airplane bathroom is no small thing. BUT I DID IT!!
We make it there safely and upon landing I get a text from the guys that they were stuck in New Jersey because of the snow and wouldn't be flying in until the next day at noon.
This was going to be a huge problem!
The transfer was scheduled for 11:30!

Now I'm freaking out and sad and upset. These are their babies, they HAVE to be there!!

My husband and friend both quickly remind me that the transfer is not the most important part..... but rather 9 months from now.
That helped a lot, but I was still so sad.
So the following day, which was the 27th, we get ready and head to the clinic to check in at 11. I do the blood work and sign in with the ladies.
As I'm sitting there all nervous praying the Valium kicks in, I get a text from the guys that they've landed!!! I turn to tell my friend and the nurse calls my name to come back!!

I told her the situation that the guys had just landed and she said it was no big deal and that we can wait for them!
Thank You JESUS!!

So we were told to come back at 1:30 instead.
That gave us plenty of time to go for a beautiful walk in LA. It was picture perfect! We found a whole foods (fresh market around here except on steroids) and got some freshly made fire roasted pizza as well as a whole pineapple and avocados.
Pineapple core for a sticky uterus, and avocado for healthy fats which benefit cellular structure. 
The guys had time to get their bags and a car and meet us at the clinic just in time!

I drop my drawz and everyone comes in. 
My friend, the dads, a nurse, the embryologist, and the Doc.
We were able to see a pic of the 2 embryos (one from each guy) and the expert explained their condition was perfect. They looked pre-freeze quality!
It was so awesome to get to see that pic of them. I said Hi and told them to make themselves at home.
Doc did his thing and within a couple of minutes it was over.

The wonderful ladies from Modern Family Surrogacy were there to greet all of us and it was so sweet to finally meet them!

I rested for about a half hour and then was told to be on bed rest for 24 hours.

That night we watched 'What to expect when you're expecting' with one of the dads and had a blast!

I lounged around the next morning and took my time getting ready.

My friend was driving around 3 hours to meet me and the dads!!!

Here is where I'm going to tear up.
This girl is amazing. Kentra you are an amazing support system for me and I cannot possibly thank you enough. It's crazy how 2 people can become so close and had never met.
 have already gained so much from this journey and thank God everyday for the people He has brought into my life.

We all headed down to the Santa Monica Pier and played in the ocean (despite its freezing-ness)
Side note: Kentra I'm totally stealing some of those pics!
Then we all went to Third Street Promenade ?
Basically there are tons of stores and street entertainment mixed in with lots of...... characters. lol
I had so much fun just walking and talking. It was great not having any set plans.

Dinner time came around and Kentra and her family started back for home. SAD!!

The 4 of us then went to dinner at an awesome Italian restaurant and I gobbled up my food.
It was so weird not having little mouths to feed and being able to enjoy a meal out.

We were all tired so off to bed it was. The next morning we slept in (which was amazing) and 3 of us went to breakfast. Also amazing!
Maybe its the babies, but the food was tasting so great!

Next up, shopping!
I got to spend the entire day with 3 awesome people!
We did nothing but laugh the entire time.
We saw the Hollywood sign, and the Griffith Observatory which was a bucket list thing for me for sure!
I'm so thankful that the guys toured us around.
It was sincerely a picture perfect trip and I am nothing but smiles!

P.s. Pink Berry is amazing!

I'm sure I am forgetting tons of things, but I have to cut this short, the ball is about to drop!
I have a funny feeling 2013 is going to be phenomenal.
Thank You to everyone who helped take care of my boys while I was gone- I missed them dearly.

Beta is January 7th! But hopefully I'll be able to post a pic of a positive pregnancy test soon.

As always, PRAY!!!!
God alone is the giver of life and I know with my whole heart this is what He has lead me to do.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for a strong beta number! God is truly faithful. ~Lisa